Wednesday, February 16, 2011

And coal wins.

It was always going to be this way. Today I unlocked a deep dark need in my soul to have a predominantly gray quilt. I now realize that it's always been there, I just needed to discover it. And now that I have it within reach, I'm really, really, REALLY excited about it! I'm not really a pink person, and blue just didn't seem to go with Sunkissed, green or the orange/yellow would have been good and I like those colors, but I couldn't handle a king sized quilt of them. Gray has always been the right choice for me and this quilt.


Here's 1/4 of one of the Single Girl rings on the gray. I think I like it because it makes the colors pop, and won't show dirt like white would have. And since it'll be on my bed eventually I didn't want the sheet fuzzies and lint to show up on something even darker, like a black. I've been excited about other quilting projects before, but nothing like this! It's perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment